Registration of foreign citizens
Laws of Republic of Belarus demand that all foreigners arriving to the country need to be registered. It is very simple procedure that takes a minimum of time. However it has some nuances about which it is necessary to know in order to avoid problems.
Where there takes place the registration of foreigners?
The registration of foreign citizens and stateless persons is carried out:
· at hotels, sanatoria or health complex (both according to the statement of the foreigner, and according to written petitions of the accepting organizations);
· in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Republic of Belarus;
· in the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Republic of Belarus.
It should be noted that members of governmental, parliamentary and other official delegations do not need to pass registration, and this refers also to their technicians.
Besides, citizens of Russia, Lithuania, Latvia and Ukraine are exempted from registration, if they are coming to Belarus for a period of up to 30 days.
Foreigners who arrived in Belarus for up to ten days are also exempt from registration.
That is, foreigners staying in hotels, sanatorium and health-improving organizations, on farmsteads are considered to be temporarily staying in Belarus and are not subject to registration regardless of the purpose of their entry into the republic (tourism, business or private trip).
If a foreigner stays in the country for more than 10 days and changes his place of residence, he is obliged to register at his new place of residence within 3 days (except for weekends, public holidays and holidays).
How to receive registration?
- Now there is no need to address an internal affairs authority in person.
During temporary staying on the territory of the Republic of Belarus foreign citizens and stateless persons have an opportunity of electronic registration on the official website: portal.gov.by. This procedure is free and available for foreigners who entered the Republic of Belarus at checkpoints across the state border.
A foreigner can register himself or through a representative within 10 working days after arrival in Belarus. To tell the truth, electronic registration can get not every person. This procedure is not available for those foreigners who arrive in Belarus from Russia. These foreigners must apply personally to the migration office of the local law enforcement department in Belarus.
- If you stay at a hotel, registration will be executed by its employee after passport presentation. This service is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes.
- If you stay at relatives, friends home or on the private apartment, you together with the owner of the apartment need to address in Department of Citizenship and Migration of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of a corresponding residence. There it will be necessary to fill in the special form and to pay the national duty (0,5 basic sizes, or about USD 12). Thus it is necessary to show to the staff of Department of Citizenship and Migration the passport and insurance policy.
As you can see, nothing complicate. Therefore do not delay with registration and enjoy your staying in Belarus!
For more information, please, send your request to our e-mail.
- Diplomatic representations of the Republic of Belarus
- Entry to, departure from and transit through the territory of the Republic of Belarus for foreign citizens
- Diplomatic representations of foreign countries in the Republic of Belarus
- Health insurance regulations
- Customs regulations
- Registration of foreign citizens
List of countries. New
A foreign citizens entering Belarus from the following countries are not required to be in isolation
+375 (33) 333-26-66