Entry to, departure from and transit through the territory of the Republic of Belarus for foreign citizens
Planning a trip to the Republic of Belarus, please, keep in mind: if you are not attentive when preparing all necessary documents, you can face certain difficulties with the border crossing. It is better to avoid problems, than to solve them, therefore, please, study the information given below.
What is needed to enter the territory of Belarus first of all?
A foreign citizen may enter the Republic of Belarus with a travel document (a valid passport or another similar document intended for foreign travel and issued by the appropriate authorities of the state of citizenship or residence of a foreigner) and a valid visa of the Republic of Belarus (vizas of other states are not recognized). Also the passport with a visa is required for the departure from the country and for the transit through its territory.
To apply for a visa the foreigner needs to address the Embassy or Consulate of the Republic of Belarus. Besides, visas are also issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and internal affairs departments.
Also the foreigner should have:
1. Migration card. It is the special document which requires to be filled at entry into the Republic of Belarus. It is shown together with the passport to the employee of a border service on a check point for a mark putting down about entrance. The migration card needs to be kept for the period of stay in Belarus, and at departure from the country – it is obligatory to hand over to the employee of a border service for mark putting down about departure.
2. Insurance policy. It can be bought in ambassadorial and consular establishments of some countries at receipt of a visa. Also execution of the insurance policy is carried out directly on a border, at the staff of insurance companies.
3. Money amount necessary for covering of expenses on staying in Republic of Belarus and departure. If the foreigner makes a trip to Belarus for a period of up to 1 month, it has to have money amount in volume not less than 2 basic sizes (about USD 30) for every day of stay. If duration of a trip makes more than 1 month, the foreigner has to have the sum equivalent to 50 basic sizes (about USD 750) for every month of stay.
For transit trip on the territory of Republic of Belarus it is given two days (48 hours) from the date of entrance. During this time the foreigner, following transit trip, has to leave the country. The exception is made for cases of the compelled stop because of which more time could be necessary for transit.
The compelled stops are:
- elemental disasters, accidents and other emergency situations of natural and technogenic character detaining movement of the vehicle;
- need to repair the vehicle;
- the illness of the foreign citizen – in case according to the conclusion of medical institution of Republic of Belarus its further following and/or the person following with him/her, constitutes danger to their life and health;
- unforeseen delays in change point – at change from one type of transport on another; other unforeseen circumstances interfering further following.
Attentively prepare for a trip, be polite with the staff of diplomatic institutions and a border service – and then no problems will arise!
For more information, please, send your request our e-mail.
- Diplomatic representations of the Republic of Belarus
- Entry to, departure from and transit through the territory of the Republic of Belarus for foreign citizens
- Diplomatic representations of foreign countries in the Republic of Belarus
- Health insurance regulations
- Customs regulations
- Registration of foreign citizens
List of countries. New
A foreign citizens entering Belarus from the following countries are not required to be in isolation
+375 (33) 333-26-66